
We really want Ellis to appreciate & participate-in his Japanese heritage - so we've asked my parents to only speak to him in Nihongo (Japanese). Unfortunately, this just led Ellis to believe his Grandparents were mute.
Therefore, we settled into something else. Recently, Grandma Susie has been reading Ellis Japanese baby books and he really loves it.
I, too, have been teaching Ellis all the Japanese I know: karate, karaoke, Nissan, ninja, wasabi & teriyaki. I think he'll be just fine.

2 comments:
We're teaching Emi-chan Japanese, too: gohan (cooked rice), shoyu (soy sauce), dame dame dame (kinda like "no no no"), jiijii (dirty), and yakamashii (noisy; be quiet). The kids will be alright :) ~Linda
I finally figured out how to long on at work and now can check Ellis' posts everyday - keep 'em coming Kimi!! I love it. I have to be honest though, I get totally sucked into Emi-Chan - who is simply the most adorable little girl ever. And Linda's posts? I laugh out loud the whole time and wish I was hanging out with her. Keep the posts coming, Kim, you are doing an awesome job!!
Post a Comment