skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Please Pray for and Support our Friends
While I love posting all the fun things that are happening in Ellis' life, over the last few months I have been deeply saddened/troubled over two separate events involving kids we know.
We met Aidan on our trip to Oregon, while visiting Erick and Agi. He reminded me a lot of Ellis. He is always on the go (a wiggle-worm impossible to snuggle unless really tired or sick), very happy, and totally adorable (with his curls - he looks like the "white Ellis"). In April, Aidan fell through the screen from the third story window. He is now in a special rehab facility and is, thankfully, making developmental progress each day.
Melody is a good friend and former classmate of my nephew Sawyer. A few weeks ago she was killed by a drunk motorcyclist. She and her father, Aaron, were hit in the crosswalk, headed home on their evening stroll. Melody was so bright (a seriously smart 9-year-old), mature, and a good big sister -- very kind to little kids. Aaron is still in the hospital, undergoing more surgeries after a leg amputation. He does not know that Melody passed away. Mike & Alisa (my brother & sister-in-law) have been the contact people for the family, as well as helping to take care of Melissa (Melody's younger sister).
With a heavy heart, I think of (and pray for) these two kids and their families daily. I invite you not only to learn more about their stories, but to pray for and financially support them. They are not only having to deal with the unimaginable, but also to carry the financial burden of services not covered under insurance. As you know, even the smallest amounts of prayer and finances go a long way. And, really, I cannot think of a more worthy cause.
Finally, every night, I thank God for the wonderful gifts He has given --- the most precious being my husband and beautiful little boy. I am grateful for all the joy Ellis brings to my life, and I hope, through this blog, yours. I just heart Ellis (so much).
1 comment:
Forever and ever amen.
Post a Comment